Contact

Garni Hotel Svitavy
Riegrova 7
568 02 Svitavy

GPS:
49°45'33.509"N
16°27'48.891"E

Tel.: +420 461 311 385
Mob.: +420 774 459 999
E-mail: info@garni-svitavy.cz

Garni Hotel Svitavy - FacebookGarni Hotel Svitavy - Facebook


Accepted cards:
Garni Hotel Svitavy - Master CardGarni Hotel Svitavy - Maestro CardGarni Hotel Svitavy - Visa CardGarni Hotel Svitavy - American Express


Accepted discount cards:
Garni Hotel Svitavy - Sphere Card

Internet:
Wifi

Wifi

Svitavy Landmarks

The town square Náměstí Míru (Peace Square) in Svitavy

The Svitavy town square is famous for its arcade being one of the longest town squares in the Czech Republic with arcades on both sides. The town square acquired its present form after the 249 original wooden houses with stone foundations burnt down in great fires in 1590 and 1781. Some of the most significant buildings standing on the square Náměstí Míru (Peace Square) are the Church of the Visitation of the Virgin Mary, the old town hall, the house U Mouřenína (Blackamoor House), and Ottendorfer Library. There are also other interesting architectural works of art such as the plague column, baroque fountain of St. Florian, the marble table with the zodiac, or the modern Fountain of Life in the lower part.

Town Museum and Gallery in Svitavy

All visitors to Svitavy should certainly visit the Town Museum and Gallery. The museum currently hosts five permanent exhibitions and regularly stages other interesting exhibitions. The permanent exhibitions are:

  • Oskar Schindler – In Search of the Star of David
  • The History of Washing Technology
  • The Historical Circuit of the Town
  • The Life and Work of the Svitavy benefactor Valentine Oswald Ottendorfer
  • The Mansions and Villas of Svitavy

Currently staged exhibitions and more information about the Town Museum and Gallery in Svitavy may be found here - www.muzeum.svitavy.cz

Jan Palach Park in Svitavy

Jan Palach Park was set up together with the grounds of Langer Mansion in 1890. After 1946 it bore the name of Dr. Edvard Beneš and was first open to the public. Since 1993 it has been bearing the name of the student Jan Palach. Its continuous deteriorating after Wolrd War II was the reason for extensive regeneration in 1999 lasting until 2001. The park with its area of almost two hectares witnessed modifications of the paths, buildings, and vegetation, plantation of new species of decorative plants, trees and solitaires.

In Jan Palach Park you may find a decorative pool or the “hill” planted with rhododendrons.